China - A growing market
Fast-growing, educated on the market and well-placed to buy, there’s no denying the increasing power of the Chinese buyer. And our sellers know it. When going to list properties in 2015, the question has regularly been asked about how we are targeting what is perceived as this powerful domestic and overseas market. Our team undertakes comprehensive training, some of which we thought you might be interested in.
So why are Chinese buyers interested in NZ property?
1) We have limited capital gains tax and no stamp duty
2) Our country is undeniably beautiful – and Queenstown is a jewel in the crown. Southland too showcases some of the World's finest and most famous scenery
3) We’re in a similar time zone to Australia, which is the 2nd most popular country for Chinese buyers (NZ is currently 7th most popular)
4) The lifestyle property opportunities are unsurpassed as a holiday destination
5) Attractive schooling means parents may wish to purchase a home for their children
6) Immigration – it’s a very appealing place to move to
7) It’s becoming harder to buy multiple homes in China, so people are diversifying and NZ offers good investment potential
As a company, it’s essential to understand how to approach this burgeoning market sector, and we’re proud to say we have market-leading, innovative strategies in place, to ensure our listings are put in front of the widest pool of targeted potential buyers. These strategies include:
1) We employ a Chinese speaking qualified agent, trained in real estate, who is on-hand at all times to work with Chinese buyer enquiry
2) Our high-profile shop window advertises our Chinese-speaking staff to encourage buyers to feel comfortable approaching us
3) W've translated key documentation into Chinese to assist buyers in understanding our market better
4) We utilise two, market-leading websites to promote our properties to Chinese buyers:
- www.hougarden.com is NZ’s leading Chinese language property portal, and all of our listings are promoted on the site, which has a huge volume of online traffic from Chinese consumers in NZ and around the world
- www.juwai.com – our $1M+ listings are advertised on the China-hosted website, which is China’s leading site for overseas property
5) We have advertising access to Luxury Chinese based publications such as Unique Homes China, with a wide audience of affluent consumers
6) We have a monthly brochure showcasing a selection of appealing properties in Chinese language, distributed through our showroom and agents
So if you're thinking your home could be a good fit for a Chinese buyer, get in touch for a chat about our strategies.