New Ramada Hotel opens in Queenstown
Queenstown's new four-star Ramada Hotel & Suites has opened in Remarkables Park offering 72-beds of accommodation along with nine retail shops and cafes.
"It's very rewarding to see Queenstown's first new hotel in many years open here at Remarkables Park - marking an intensive period of activity for us as we deliver the next phase of our development," said Alastair Porter, Chief Executive of Remarkables Park Limited.
Porter says there are seven other projects underway at Remarkables Park:
1. The region's new high school is in its fourth month of construction and due to open in January 2018 to replace Queenstown's existing High School on Fryer Street.
2. Remarkables House, a state-of-the-art office building comprising four floors with up to 19 business, retail and restaurant tenancies, opening in December 2016 and leasing now..
3. Stage Two of a 25,000sq m entertainment precinct opening from late June 2016 to house a series of activities including PowderPak indoor dryslope terrain park, SITE Trampoline, Jiu Jitsu, karate and gym, Chipmunks children's playland and café, and golf simulators.
4. Development of a new mixed-use 'Market Street' which is anchored by the Ramada Hotel to the north and intended to be a destination precinct featuring boutique shopping, cafés, restaurants, hotels and offices. It will be anchored to the south by Remarkables Place, the location of the new future Queenstown Gondola to The Remarkables..
5. Repair of a slip on the lower section of the popular Twin Rivers Queenstown Trail - to be completed before the third Air New Zealand Queenstown International Marathon on November 19.
6. Installation of a major new sewer main to the north east of the development which anticipates extensive future development.